Sometimes called Energy Balls, Date Balls can have a variety of ingredients.
No sugar in this recipe; but you don’t have to tell!
For best flavor date balls should be made with Medjool dates, which are rich, almost caramel-like, and delicious.
I am sure you will enjoy them as much as my friends do. They ask me for this recipe often.
Date balls are a great treat for anytime and can satisfy any sweet tooth.
12 fresh Medjool dates, pitted
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
Add above four ingredients into a food processor and process until very well combined, several minutes, until it becomes “dough like.”
Make into 1 inch balls and store in airtight container in the refrigerator.
Easy does it when eating these!
Enjoy them slowly, savoring every morsel!
2 Tbsp. unsweetened coconut
2 Tbsp. vegan chocolate chips or cacao nibs
2 Tbsp. walnuts or nut of choice
2 Tbsp. natural peanut butter
- If you want a Caramel Apple Party in your mouth, slice an apple and take a bite of apple and date ball at the same time. Soooo yummy!
- For best results be sure to use Medjool Dates normally found near the bananas in most grocery stores.
- Look for dates that are shiny. The shine means they still have a good amount of moisture in them.
- If your dates look dry (not shiny) soak them in a glass container in a little bit of water and store in the refrigerator for a day.
- When choosing peanut butter as an add-in I recommend peanut butter without sugar or other ingredients, just peanuts.
Have a Very Veggie Day!
YOUR Plant-Based Health Coach!
Plant-Based Foodie and Peace-Loving Yogi!
P.S. Be sure to grab my cookbook HERE!