Are you wondering how to detox Aluminum from your body? Or are you wondering if it is toxic at all? Let’s look into this together. Did you read this article that describes How To Avoid Aluminum Exposure?
Aluminum is found in many things we use and intake daily. It’s in antiperspirant, cosmetics, foil, second hand smoking, seafood, cosmetics, beverage cans, the air we breathe, and even in our food. Yes, it’ even in fresh veggies, because it’s a naturally occurring substance found in the ground.
Aluminum is a neurotoxin. That means it poisons the nervous system and the brain, which limits them from doing their jobs. Research has tied aluminum build-up in the brain to neurological disorders like Alzheimer’s disease.
When we consider these points about Aluminum
It is abundant in our world
It can enter the brain
It creates an environment in the brain that allows Alzheimer’s to flourish
It hinders normal brain development
In some cases, medication will only make symptoms worse
THEN we have to figure out how to detox! We really MUST get this Chemical of Concern – this Heavy Metal outta our bodies!
How To Detox Aluminum From Your Body – A Few Options
I find a big relief in finding some ways to detox this Chemical of Concern from my body. Some are quite easy to do!
Add Silica to your water. This mineral can reduce our body’s aluminum levels in a big way by binding with its molecules and extracting them out of our brain cells. Then the aluminum molecules are escorted out of our bodies through the urine. YAY!
Silica also offers the anti-aging benefits in reinforcing collagen elasticity in our body tissues, preventing arterial plaque from blocking blood flow, building bone, processing important nutrients like magnesium and vitamin K2, and maintaining a strong cardiovascular system.
Dr. Exley research many mineral additives, and found Silica was highly effective to detox heavy metals from our brains and bodies. Silica is available in pill, liquid, and powder form. Exley’s Silica detox protocol is the following:
- Drink 1.5 liters of high-silica water for at least 5 days.
- Try to drink the 1.5 liters within an hour for best results.
Diatomaceous Earth, or DE is another source that is rich in Silica. DE is usually found in powder form. It can detox many heavy metals besides Aluminum. Add this powder and Silica for a detox blend. Add some cucumbers and bananas for a bit of flavor.
L-Theanine is a natural ingredient found in tea. It helps our brains function in a way that allows self-repair by increasing antioxidant activity and reducing oxidative stress. OOH! So the brain is able to detox itself when it has the right tools! L-Theanine is available in pill supplements. It’s also great for promoting relaxation, reducing anxiety, and protecting the nervous system.
Turmeric has SO MANY great ways it helps our bodies. Curcumin is the active compound found in Turmeric. These two also help our brain to detox Aluminum. Studies showed that Curcumin enhance the activities of antioxidant enzymes systems in the areas of the brain controlling learning and memory. The researchers concluded that Curcumin (in Tumeric) gives a protective effect against the negative impact of age-related brain changes by decreasing oxidative stress. Curcumin is available alone, or in Turmeric capsule supplements. Or it’s possible to add Turmeric powder/spice to your food.
Eat Foods That Detox Heavy Metals
Here are some food that are able to detox, boost the immune system, and have protective ability for our neuro system:
- chia and flaxseed
- cold pressed unrefined organic coconut oil
- mild thistle
- Vitamin C (supplements or foods)
- spirulina and chlorella supplements
- garlic, cilantro, and parsley
- Romaine lettuce
- Cucumber (with skin)
- Hemp leaves
- Horsetail (an herb)
- Burdock root
- New Zealand Spinach
- Bell pepper (with skin)
- Tomato (with skin)
Make sure to include at least one of these foods in your diet daily and drink plenty of water.
The Armpit Detox – This One Is New Info For Me!
Earlier, I wrote about antiperspirants being a big source of Aluminum exposure. One important way to eliminate this exposure is by switching to deodorant. I’ll admit that my pits get more moist without antiperspirant. But deodorant is healthier AND it keeps the stink away.
This armpit detox is directed MORE toward helping to eliminate the body odor bacteria, yet it can help remove the aluminum at the skin level in the armpits. This “mask” treatment is a great way to improve skin health in the armpits. Use the following ingredients:
- Aluminum-free baking soda — to absorb sweat and odors and help exfoliate the skin
- Bentonite clay — to absorb bacteria and chemicals from the skin, and contains minerals like calcium, iron and magnesium that can be absorbed through your pores
- Apple cider vinegar — to contribute toa healthy ratio of various bacteria that live on the skin, plus is useful for normalizing the skin’s pH
- Activated charcoal — to soak up unwanted particles from the skin and has natural detoxifying properties
- Combine the ingredients with 1-2 tsp. water to create a paste. Apply to your armpits and let it sit for 10-20 minutes. Rinse off and you are ready to dry and apply a natural deodorant.
How To Detox Aluminum From Your Body – Take Preventive Steps
- Switch out anti-perspirant for natural deodorant. Make sure it says “Aluminum-free”. Avoid Alum, too. I made the Alum mistake for a LONG time.
- Make sure your baking soda says “Aluminum-free”. If it doesn’t say it, you can assume Aluminum is present.
- Get rid of Aluminum foil and cookware. Use glass and cast iron. Avoid non-stick pans too, but that’s another article. Bake items directly on the cookie sheet, but make sure the cookie sheet is NOT Aluminum.
- BE AWARE that “jabs” or quackcines (connect the dots, it rhymes with another V word) have at least some amount of Aluminum. Some of these have MORE than others.
If you don’t take care of this the most magnificent machine that you will ever be given…where are you going to live?Karyn Calabrese
Am I obsessed with looking out for all the toxins in the world? Do I have a paranoia about these Chemicals of Concern lurking around every corner, lying in wait for me?
However, I believe that by becoming aware of the toxins and their risks, I can cut a lot of them out of my routines. And in doing so, I can share the info with you. Wouldn’t you rather learn about it in a short article, than researching and hoping you find the info?
That’s why I love being a Chemical Minimalist. I love to help us bring things down to a simple daily routine that helps all of us have a Happy Healthy Life!
Find more articles about reducing toxins or join our community…. https://ChemicalMinimalist.com
P.S. Get the support you need to get things rearranged and reduce the chemicals in your home, food, cleaning supplies, and healthy supplements. Request a private consultation with me.