What Is The Candida Cleanse? I’ve found info on how to control Candida that runs throughout the body, by making food choices. These food choices prevent overgrowth of this fungus. We all need a small amount of Candida fungus, yet it MUST be kept in balance.
Here’s a quick review of symptoms indicating you have a Candida infection…Candida overgrowth:
- Oral Thrush. Candidiasis that develops in the mouth or throat
- Tiredness and Fatigue
- Recurring Genital or Urinary Tract Infections
- Digestive Issues
- Sinus Infections
- Skin and Nail Fungal Infections
- Joint Pain
- Brain fog or exhaustion
If you want a deeper dive into What Is Candida Gut? you can read my previous article.
What Is The Candida Cleanse?
Like I said, it’s all about the food we feed our body. So it’s really a diet plan. Cut out some foods, while making replacement with other foods:
- Cut our added sugars
- Cut out junk food
- Reduce caffeine
- Eat non-starchy vegetables
- Eat low-sugar fruits
- Eat healthy proteins
- Include healthy fats and oils
- Eat grains that are gluten-free
- Eat fermented foods
If you can only live by ONE of these points for the Candida Gut Cleanse, then make it “avoid added sugars”. Today’s typical foods have a lot of added sugars like dextrose, fruit juice concentrate, and high fructose corn syrup. Food labels often hide added sugars with complicated ingredient names, too!
Why Is Sugar At The Top Of The List For A Candida Cleanse?
Sugar encourages Candida cells to grow, and grow quickly. As Candida begins this overgrowth pattern, it creates a biofilm that hides it from our immune system. Hence, the overgrowth (that means an explosion).
Sugar causes inflammation and shows up in a lot of ways in our eating patterns:
- Processed foods
- Caffeine drinks
When Candida Gut overgrowth occurs, it means the gut is inflamed. An inflamed gut can show up as leaky gut or other digestive problems.
The Keto Diet Is A Great Plan For Candida
The Keto (or ketogenic) Diet is a great way to boost gut health and get some speed into healing. This diet uses low carb, high fat content foods.
Keto foods include the following:
- fatty fish: salmon, trout, tuna, and mackerel
- eggs: pastured or omega-3 whole eggs
- meat: red meat, steak, ham, sausage, bacon, chicken, and turkey
- butter and cream: grass-fed butter and heavy cream
- cheese: unprocessed cheeses like cheddar, goat, cream, blue, or mozzarella
- healthy oils: extra virgin olive oil, and avocado oil
- nuts and seeds: almonds, walnuts, flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, etc.
- avocados: whole avocados or freshly made guacamole
- low carb veggies: green veggies, tomatoes, onions, peppers, etc.
- condiments: salt, pepper, herbs, and spices
The easiest mindset to help with this Keto Diet is to eat mostly Whole Foods that have a single ingredient. There are many health conditions that can be helped with this diet. In the case of Candida Gut, it helps prevent overgrowth, and to keep the fungus in balance.
Have you used the Keto Diet to serve as a Candida Cleanse?
Gut Health is a big part of helping you to Enjoy Your Healthy Life!
P.S. Have you seen the Working With Your Gut mini-course?
Bronwen and I have put together 4 modules to help you start looking at ways to help and heal. If you message me, I can give you a discount code.
P.P.S. Get the support you need to get things rearranged and reduce the chemicals in your home, food, cleaning supplies, and healthy supplements. Request a private consultation with me.
Find more articles about reducing toxins or join our community…. https://ChemicalMinimalist.com